Wednesday 13 April 2016

Winding up the term

Wow hard to believe we are almost at the end of the term.
Two weeks ago we had the Life Education Bus and the students learnt about feelings and managing emotions. We had some amazing discussions in class about feelings and being open to experiencing all emotions.
Below are some of the creations the students made following our unit.






Wow Writing:

This week was school photos. The staff dressed up as either librarians or caretakers to honour our caretaker and librarian who are both retiring. I wore my caretakers outfit back to class and the students had to write about what I was wearing and think about why I was dressed the way I was.  Here is some of the great writing produced.




Deklan: Mr Sawyer is wearing overalls and earmuffs and he was wearing them at morning tea. Then he came back from the office with them on and now I am going to tell you a simile about what Mr Sawyer is wearing. His overalls are orange like an orange and blue like the sky.



Lachlan: It all started when we walked int he class. Mr Sawyer was wearing overalls! He wore earmuffs too. I think he was wearing the earmuffs because he was digging some more dirt from the hole and because it makes scraping noises.





Liam Hall: Today Mr Sawyer came back to class wearing overalls. My teacher was a wee bit funny, The overalls had blue and orange. I like him because he has funny earmuffs on. The t-shirt is orange and the pants are blue. He might be wearing overalls because he might be building a motel.



Chris: Hello my name is Chris. After morning tea time Mr Sawyer dressed up as a worker. Those are called overalls. the colour of the overalls is orange like a tiger, the pants colour is blue like our classrooms jelly bean table's chair. I think Mr Sawyer looks dapper, Mr Sawyer has ear muffs on too. the colour of the ear muffs is orange like a sun flower petal. Mr Sawyer was dapper and fancy. The end.




No comments:

Post a Comment